R1b (R-M343) Group
- Number of participants: 38
- Number of haplotypes: 34
- Haplogroups: R-M269, R-M512, R-DF103, R-BY38768, R-U106, R-FT112489, R-M173
- Number of distinct lines: 22
- Surname variations: Malet, Mallet, Mallett, Veale, Mellette, Mallock, Millay
- Shared common "Malet" ancestor? Some certainly, some possibly, and some not at all.
- TMRCA: 500 to 1100 years
There are 22 distinct family lines within the R1b group. Some are related to one another within the last 500 years, and others might share a common ancestor in the timeframe the Malet surname is known to have existed, say 900 to 1100 years. Some are clearly unrelated to anyone else in the study.
6 families have origins in France, 10 originate in the West Country of England, and 4 are from East Anglia, also in England. The remaining 2 are unknown.